Leigh Trust are looking to recruit 2 Minibus Drivers
£18,562 – £20,493 (pro-rata)
Hours 15 hours per week (average),
(additional hours maybe required at various points in the year)
£9.62 - £10.01 per hour
Leigh Trust, 104 Naseby Road, Alum Rock, Birmingham, b8 3HG
Required : Asap
Leigh Trust is a Multi Academy Trust within Birmingham, with five large primary schools, and has further plans for growth. We are looking to recruit an experienced Minibus driver to support our family of schools.
- Driving a Leigh Trust Mini-Bus. Collecting and dropping off students at designated locations and times
- Ensuring the vehicle is clean before and after use.
- Maintaining the school's image; working attire should be worn at all time and kept in a clean and tidy condition
- Working within health and safety guidelines and other guidelines that may be issued from time- to-time.
- Working within the constraints and guidelines as set out in the Minibus Drivers’ Operation Instructions.
- Daily inspection of the school bus, prior to setting off on a journey, to ensure roadworthiness, serviceability, and duty of care.
- Deliver vehicles to dealership for minor repairs and warranty work to be undertaken
- To complete log/record of journeys undertaken
- Adhere to the minibus booking procedure
- Complete the weekly inspection list on the vehicles.
- Ensuring that the vehicle documents and equipment on board the bus is kept up to date and safety checks are carried out on the fire extinguisher
- Monitoring the levels of petrol and fluid levels, to ensure efficiency and safety. Filling up the vehicle with petrol as and when required.
- Reporting any concerns about the road worthiness of the vehicle to the Trust Sports Lead
- Driving the school bus in an appropriate manner with due regard to safety and speed limits.
- Supervision of students on the school bus to ensure they follow the pupil code of conduct whilst on board the bus.
- Enforcement of the school minibus policy and the reporting of any incidents or unsatisfactory behaviour to the Head Teacher.
- Communicating, using agreed school protocols, with parents of pupils on the bus to ensure efficient and safe practice.
- Dealing with accidents/incidents and reporting them to the School Office/Head Teacher/ Trust Sports Lead as appropriate.
- Any other relevant and appropriate occasional duties that may be required by the Trust Sports Lead
- The role may occasionally involve some after school work and weekend work.
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake a driving assessment and have PSV or PCV licence category D1 without restriction, as well as having held a clean driving licence for at least 3 years. MIDAS training is essential and can be provided.
- Safeguarding Children Leigh Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks. The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed
- Individuals have a responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people he/she is responsible for or comes into contact with.
- To ensure all tasks are carried out with due regard to Health and Safety.
- To undertake appropriate professional development including adhering to the principle of performance management.
- To adhere to the ethos of the school
- To promote the agreed vision and aims of the school.
- To set an example of personal integrity and professionalism.
Any other duties as commensurate within the grade in order to ensure the smooth running of the school.
Safeguarding children and young people
Leigh Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including an enhanced DBS check.
If you would like to apply for this position, please download and complete the support staff application form below and return to:
or send in the post to the Leigh Trust, 104 Naseby Road, Alum Rock, Birmingham, B8 3HG
Closing date is Wednesday 12th January 2022 – 12 noon
Only applications submitted on the school's application form will be considered.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
This post is subject to Pre-Employment checks including two written references and an Enhanced DBS check. Leigh Trust is an equal opportunities employer.